13 years ago
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
Decided to try Potty Training!
I know she is only 20 months old, but since she can tell me "Go pee" or that she needs a "die-dy" AND can get her pants up and down I have decided it is time to potty train. I would rather spend that $50 a month elsewhere.
So today we went to Wal-Mart to get stuff we needed. At first I decided to just get diapers. I gave her the pack and she rode around in the cart hugging them (well, they WERE Huggies, so I guess that is how they got their name, lol).
After I got the rest of the needed items, I changed my mind. So back to infants we went. I let her pick between the Pull-Ups and the White Cloud brand. She picked the Pull-Ups. As I was looking for a cheap but nice pack of panties for her, she tossed the Pull-Ups out of the cart and said "PUT THEM BACK!!!" I ignored her and put the Pull-Ups and panties I chose back into the cart. She politely took BOTH of them and tossed them BACK out of the cart while screaming "NO! Don't want them! Put them BACK!!!" I put them back in the cart and told her, "Tough! You are gonna start using the potty."
It isn't going too well right now. After she got up from nap, I took her potty and she refused to do anything. 5 minutes later, she had peed her panties. I am trying the M&M bribing now; hopefully it will work!!!
Posted by Shanna at 4:16 PM
Labels: Madelynn, milestones, potty training
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Doesn't sound like she is really ready to start potty training. Mason showed lots of intrest in the potty starting at 18 months and you know what? At 3 he is still not quite ready to train. He can do it, there are days that he wears underwear all day long taking himself to the potty when he needs to go. But then there are days where he request a diaper and underwear and going to the potty are unheard of. In due time I guess. Good luck.
Post a Comment